Search This Blog

Saturday, February 22, 2020

It's a Medusa Morning

I woke this morning feeling all Gorgon-y. Except for a few tiny hours, I couldn’t sleep last night. This surprised me since I had, considering I’m still deep in Recoveryville, a LOT of exercise yesterday. 

Ya see, I needed (NEEDED, dammit!) a spirit buoying treat – not a Saint Fratelli’s bonne bouche or a bookstore delight (I’m currently deep in A.Lee Martinez’s The Last Adventure of Constance Verity and LOVING it). I also HAD to get a decent walk in but it was too damn cold to troll along the seawall.

What’d we do? Ten and I ventured down the mall – the HUGE South Shore Plaza. I knew which shops would, most likely, have what I was after (a better, more suited to my quirks and spazosity, backpack) at the tiny price I was willing to pay. I had the trip all mapped out in my head – the time we should go, where we should park, which three shops we’d hit and in what order. My pathetic energy levels and laughable “strength” make this kind of hyper planning a necessity.

Success? Nope. I got my exercise though – I guess that counts.

I did find my treat later, online. This sweet, rainbow oil slick looking, metallic coin purse popped up and gave me no other option than BUY. Cost me all of five smackers – sound investment, no? All in all, a good day.

So, wut up with the Sleepless in Valhalla bit last night? Beats the ever lovin’ Scheiße outta me, mes amis. Possibly I’m beginning to turn a slim corner here in Healing Land. Mebbe I just don’t require quite as much rack-time? //shrugs//

Could be the news getting to me again.

Apparently the Russians are helping, not just the Dimbrained Doll-handed Dolt, but Old Man Sanders as well.
The disclosure of Russian assistance to Sanders follows a briefing to lawmakers last week in which a senior intelligence official said that Russia wants to see Trump reelected, viewing his administration as more favorable to the Kremlin’s interests, according to people who were briefed on the comments. 
In that closed hearing for the House Intelligence Committee, lawmakers were also told that Sanders had been informed about Russia’s interference. The prospect of two rival campaigns both receiving help from Moscow appears to reflect what intelligence officials have previously described as Russia’s broader interest in sowing division in the United States and uncertainty about the validity of American elections. (source)
Look, I WILL vote Blue No Matter Who in November but I sure hope it’s someone younger than 80, who’s able to back up the fiery rhetoric with plans, schemes, smarts and finesse.

I’m still hoping for a Warren/Harris ticket. I’m also hoping (to say the ABSOLUTE, VERY least)  the bloated beast in the White House and his BFF, Moscow Mitch, don’t try to further complete their fascization of our once great nation by cancelling the election. Wouldn’t they both be happier retiring to Russia, where all their biggest buds live? Yeah, I’d rather see them in big bad scary, windowless jail cells BUT the rich don't do time.

Yep, I’m wishing and hoping for a lot of things right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment