Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Just Curious...

Today is an excellent day for chasing after mind fluff, running long neglected errands, deeply pondering various oddities, PAINTING, reading and, just generally, ignoring the entitlement rocking assholes who so severely upset and offend me.

Toward that end, I wanna know:


Was Keith Haring a Warhol or Mapplethorpe devotee?

Are/were Jeff Koons and Jim Dine buds?

Did Dylan and Bukowski ever meet?
Pointed threats, they bluff with scorn
Suicide remarks are torn
From the fool's gold mouthpiece
The hollow horn plays wasted words
Proves to warn that he not busy being born
Is busy dying
~~~~
Disillusioned words like bullets bark
As human gods aim for their mark
Made everything from toy guns that spark
To flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark
It's easy to see without looking too far
That not much is really sacred
Bob Dylan – It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding
The rest of the lyrics to this deeply brill poem/tune can be read here. 
To do nothing is the way to be nothing.Nathaniel Hawthorne
Nate’s not wrong but, I wonder, are his “doing nothing” parameters the same as mine? Mebbe…mebbe not. Fer example – an old friend of mine, back when we were in our early 20s (ya know, before dirt was invented) didn’t know whether to think of me as an actual artist or not. Why? Because I did close to nothing to market my work. Did my next-to-naught sales effort negate or nullify my efforts/my creativity? It depends on who you ask. If you ask me – well, my answer depends on my mood.

Reality – it’s an ever shifting target. 
Silence does not always mark wisdom.Samuel Taylor Coleridge
And then there’s the tweet-happy Whiner In Chief.
I don't think..." then you shouldn't talk, said the Hatter.Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Never miss a good chance to shut up.
Will Rogers
I wanna get outside with my camera – wander new places and photograph them. Two problems with this desire:
  1. While this has been a warm-ish winter here inNew England, it’s still bloody cold out there.
  2. I’m too weak and unsteady on my pins to hike in the Blue Hills or roam around the city. YES, I could take my walker (for city wandering) but that’s SUCH a pain and doesn’t address the whole weak business.
The Spring Equinox is in one skinny month – it begins at 11:50 PM on March 19th, to be all precise and shit. This means that, in the next few weeks, I’ll see lovely lavender crocus popping up. Yea!

Signs of hope. Heralds of better days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment