Search This Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Bunny Heads

 So, it’s Easter, huh? I wonder if any of the big, blustering, griftosaurus mega church preachers are gonna go ahead with their people poisoning, live, in-person services today. I see that a few of these rube wrangling blowhards have caved.

I suspect some have had the come-to-cash-Jesus realization that, if enough of their marks become ill after Easter services – well and boy-howdy – the scam could be exposed and finance flow will run Mojave dry.

Then there’s the Florida fraud who canceled but not out of any born again acknowledgement of the danger to parishioners lives. Nope. It’s because his insurance company cut the church off. Heh.

Funny how losing the back up bucks caused him to lose his religion or, at any rate, the scam that Jayzus would protect his flock.


Then there’s the Fort Worth preacher who’s, apparently, god’s boss. OR he sees himself as Thor and this Jesus dude is Copeland’s own personal Mjölnir.
“Wind, almighty strong south wind, heat, burn this thing in the name of Jesus. Satan you bow your knees, you fall on your face, COVID-19 … I blow the wind of God on you. You are destroyed forever and you will never be back. Thank you, Lord God. Let it happen. Cause it to happen. The wind of God, it doesn’t have to be a fast wind,” he said. (source)
He adds the “it doesn’t have to be a fast wind” so’s no one expects immediate results. After there’s a vaccine and the Trump Plague’s just a bad memory, God’s Best Grifter will take all the credit. OBVS!

WHO are the sad, pitifully guileless folk who make up this glaringly barefaced charlatan’s flock?


Did you know? The U.S. has more than 1,500 of these mega-mega churches, with over a million live, in person credulous congregants EVERY week. They can’t ALL be desperately naive and woefully dimwitted, can they?


Eons ago (it was the mid ‘80s) I worked with a young woman who attended the Jubilee Christian Church each week. Services were held at the Boston Garden (now the TD Garden) – a sports arena. Mary wasn’t stupid – she performed her job, (copy center CSR) competently but neither was she, by any metric, savvy. In the dictionary, under the word ingénue, there’s undoubtedly, a picture of her.

Mary didn’t seem to fit my jaundiced assumptions – that all attendees had to fall into at least one of these groups:

  • Recovering addicts and alkies, looking for the love and forgiveness they’d drunk, popped or shot away
  • Misogynistic control freaks
  • Emotionally damaged masochists looking for daddy figures
  • Impossibly naive
  • Con artists gunning for their next mark
Ya know…damaged.

I never found out if Mary fit any other category beside
impossibly naive. Ya see, I was afraid that, if I struck up a convo with her she’d start witnessing to me.

Listening to Mary testify for Christ would've, naturally, triggered a hostile reaction from yurs truly.
I wasn’t the most civilized of 25 year olds. PLUS, I was MORE than done with Jesus humpers telling me that I should ditch my docs and let GOD heal me.  

I needed the health insurance that came with that gig so keeping my distance was a mitvah to both her AND me.

2 comments:

  1. They can’t ALL be desperately naive and woefully dimwitted, can they?

    You're talking about adults who still have a magic imaginary friend.

    Kenneth Copeland has annihilated covid-19 about three times now that I've seen. Funny how it never seems to have any actual effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "imaginary friends"....good point.

      I wonder how careful Copeland is – that is, is he still shaking hands? Has he swallowed his own kool aid ?

      Delete