Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Just What I Needed

We’ve made it halfway through this wretchedly banjaxed year. Will we survive the next six months? Who knows?

Now that I’m due for even more slice and dice, I’ll be staying inside ‘cept for my early morning walkies with Jen. Yes Massachusetts is doing/has done well in battling the Trump Plague but I’m taking no bloody chances. No more trips to the grocery, pharmacy OR even my beloved Fratellis.

I emailed with the fabulous Doc Coumans yesterday and YES, that IS a second rat bastardly tumor just two vertebra south of the one that’s putting the squeeze on my spinal cord. The only reason NOT to DQ that sucker now, now, NOW rather than later is this one’s not proved to be a fast grower…YET.

I could opt for a waiting/watching approach which’d make next month’s incision relatively tiny and the recovery process, presumably, less painful. Sounds lovely, no? Yes BUT this second fucker’s gonna have to come out someday anyway – maybe not ’til next summer, maybe sooner. Only Floyd  (yes, I named him) really knows.

The good Doc has left the decision (to snatch Floyd now or later) in my hands.

Here’s the big neon thing – this coming November I’ll be back to dealing with the assholian tumors in ma tĂȘte and Bast knows what that’ll involve. Also, who knows what the plague’s gonna look like in the next year and how MGHLand will be effected. Will we be dancing the apocalypse boogie by then or what?

I need to get ahead of these monster hell blobs now. Strike while the meningiomas are hot and surgery is easy to come by…and shit. Yes, I’m opting for the, potentially, more painful route BUT you can’t win if you don’t play and I’m gonna win. Goddammit.

I’ll email Coumans with my decision this morning.

Meanwhile, it’s Wednesday here in Valhalla. Takeout grub and teevee night. Jen and I just discovered a new cool show – The Order.
Out to avenge his mother's death, a college student pledges a secret order and lands in a war between werewolves and practitioners of dark magic. (source)
Less than intellectually challenging? Oh, fuck yeah, but it’s fun, creepy, engaging escapism.

No comments:

Post a Comment