Search This Blog

Saturday, April 24, 2021

Hi Honeys, I’m Home

Not for any I’m-all-better reason though. Turns out the rated five stars Marina Bay sub acute rehab facility is a TOTAL dump.

  1. The call bells don’t work or are near entirely ignored by nurses and aids.
  2. The thin and ancient bed’s adjustment boxes are close to non-functional.
  3. The aids were generally hostile. Yes hostile.
  4. The nurses are unhelpful to say the very least.
  5. The guardrails on the pathetic beds are tiny AND, at the leg/foot area, nonexistent.
  6. Contrary to what Jen and I were told there are NO visiting hours.
  7. Ten dropped off a few changes of clothes for me (not that there was a disabled tub or shower for me to use) and the front desk didn't deliver it to me until 30 minutes before the ambulance came to take me home. Yes three days later!
  8. NONE of the staff made ANY effort to communicate with yours deaf truly. Just FYI when I say 'I'm deaf' that means 'I can't hear you AT AL.L'' It is NOT your cue to keep yammering on like an idiot.

So now I'm home, too early at that. I really did need more Physical Therapy BUT I'll get that here at home. Probably better therapy at that. Marina Bay's therapy started off a few sessions earlier from where Spaulding's left off.

Lesson for the day? A place may be rated high BUT research the fuck outta the joint all the same. I felt like I was trapped in Bosch's Hell or something close to it. Thank fucking Bast for Jen and cell phones!

No comments:

Post a Comment