Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Braced

Today is exactly two months since my big-ass brain surgery. You know, the one that robbed me of easy mobility. I’ll have more Physical/Occupational Therapy at 10AM. The goal is to get me down the stairs and outta the house. So far, with PT, I’ve gotten up and down the stairs within the house. Today I’ll try getting down the porch stairs and maybe down the driveway. Woohoo! Such excitement.

Gotta say, (for the 50th time mebbe) I’m HATING my brace. While cute as fuck, it’s heavy as hell and limiting. Granted, walking around with this two ton sucker on my calf builds strength. That's a good thing, right?

Tomorrow I’ll get the one shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine. It’ll be administered by MGH’s traveling vaccinator. Convenient as all hell, no? This means that, by June third, I’ll be fully vaxed. I’ll still wear a mask when I’m outside, around strangers or in stores. Why? It’s impossible to know whether the maskless are Cult 45 voting science denying idiots or anti-vaxers (same thing) or just individuals who are less than careful. Does anyone really know if the vaccine will protect us from all the Plague 45 variants? I’m not into being a test case.

Will I travel in the US? Only by car. I really want to visit my father but flying feels way too risky. Western Pennsylvania is about a ten hour drive. I’m not up for that right now but, mebbe, in another month or two.

I’d like to visit Iceland again but will need to see how I feel and what’s up there. Iceland, at the moment, looks pretty restricted. Will it still be like this in December or January? Will U.S.citizens still be required to quarantine for seven days on arrival? Shit didn't need to be this bad. Thanks a bunch 45. You’re a completely incompetent bowl of rotted smegma!

Who knows when/if things will really shift back to semi-normalish.

No comments:

Post a Comment