Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Picture Day

I can't read the new today, oh boy. The Republican Party is no more than a money grubbing cult. They're willing and, in fact, mega eager to say and do anything as long as it keeps them in their high paying cushy gigs. Their base is comprised of astoundingly dim marks, rubes, easily fooled yokels and the incredibly greedheaded, über wealthy. 

I read yesterday's post by Heather Cox Richardson which didn't contain anything completely new to me but was, nonetheless, horrifying.

I'm reminded of that old Issac Asimov quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.

And now for the pictures!

 Coco in her Zoom meeting

Astro taking five.
Skitter giving the look of death

Dawn at home.

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy the photos you post. Just now, my Zoe was yowling over and over. I ignored her because she frequently asks me to give her a boost because she doesn't like to jump up. "Really?! You're a cat!" Finally, I had to go see what the noise was about. Turns out there was a squirrel eating the Pro Plan kibble. Okay, so Zoe had reason to alert me. Apparently sunflower seeds are the appetizer!

    In other news, my ancient cat Vinny went to the emergency vet this weekend. He had lost his balance and kept tipping over. I was sure it was a stroke. Nope, idiopathic vestibular syndrome. Apparently vertigo is more often seen in dogs but is not uncommon in cats. It should pass in 1-3 weeks. He's on carsick medicine to help with the nausea from being dizzy, plus ear goo in case there's an infection. Vinny is sticking to his schedule and continues to eat and drink. Whew! When I see his head tilted over to the right I imagine he's saying, "WTF, why is my world crooked!" It makes my heart hurt but he's tough and not giving in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Vinny! Please update me on his progress.

    and Zoe – how dare those greedy squirrels snarf her food!

    ReplyDelete