Search This Blog

Friday, July 7, 2023

What if...

Mythical creatures, like sea monsters, Big Foots (Big Feet?), Kraken and El Chupacabra and such really exist? Would that be cool or just scary as fuck. I mean, humans are creepy and dangerous enough (especially the gun humping incel crowd). Just imagine a world with those fuckers AND fanged ribbons of death, killer jello and giant shoe leather clad murderous dinosaurs with nasty grins. Oh wait, isn't that the Deep South as well as Australia (without all the trigger happy adult virgins)?

What if magic is real? Maybe it is. I’m not talking about Harry Potter type stuff, no. Like Arthur C. Clarke famously said, any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

So, for yours truly, space travel, airplanes, iPhones and cooking that’s more complicated than boiling tortellini all count as magic. My brain and spine surgeries? Those I actually understand but my cutters' skill levels still dazzle and amaze me. I know they’re not wizards (first clue is the lack of star patterned conical hats) but thinking of their work as magic is way less squicky than imagining them slicing me open and rooting around in all those delicate, important bits.

What if it wasn’t going to get so bloody hot today. It’s going to be close to 90 blasted degrees later. I’m on the fucking coast and this is Massachusetts NOT Florida, goddammit! I’d like to speak to the manager—now please. *Ahem* IF today was going to be a civilized 72ยบ I’d sit on the porch reading in the sun, take a walk along the water, maybe stare at some of the flowers that Jen’s planted. I’d get outside.

What if tiny dicked, empathy devoid, power-mad motherfuckers never got into power? Would war end? Would mass shootings be vile, despicable and disgusting history?

Would we finally be able to give peace a chance?

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the giant monsters would eat the incels and then die of food poisoning. Win-win.

    Krakens obviously don't exist, judging by the number of times Sidney Powell threatened to release one and nothing happened.

    A few hundred years ago, when the authorities believed magic was real, they put people to death for (allegedly) using it. If they still believed in it now, the same thing would happen.

    ReplyDelete