Search This Blog

Thursday, September 12, 2024

Cantankerous Beastie

That's me.

Today, I'm Oscar the Grouch. I’m not sitting in a trash can but it’s a near thing. Frankly, depending on how today’s appointments go, I may dye my hair green and move into a nice, roomy dumpster. Maybe I could find one with a view of the water. Hot and cold running snacks and cocktails might help too.

Don't talk to me. I'm tired and grumpy and I'll probably make fun of you.
~ Ann Brashares

Weirdly, to my mind anyway, exercise makes me less of a grouch. Somehow, getting out for even a small walk and doing at least a few of my rehab exercises perks me up.

Judy, my physical therapist will be here at 2PM. While I don’t want
to preemptively wear myself out, it’d be a good idea to do at least a few exercises before she arrives. How much must I do to elevate my mood so it's safe for good, normal humans to be around me? It's a mystery.

I'm old enough and cranky enough now that if someone tried to tell me what to do, I'd tell them where to put it.
~ Dolly Parton

The grumpier you are, the more assholes you meet.
~ Banksy

Stands to reason—if you're in an assholian mindspace, if your misanthropic nature is in full bloom, you're bound to run into fellow travelers on the Fractious Freeway.

  "More fun than a barrel of monkeys." Has anyone ever stopped to think how cranky, if not downright vicious, a barrelful of monkeys would be, especially once released from the barrel?
~ Tom Shales

A palate-cleansing view. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment