Sunday, September 13, 2026

Distractions and Imaginings

It’s Sunday and this means that I get to watch teevee for a couple hours this afternoon. I am psyched!!!

Jen, Oni, and I have recently discovered the show Ride or Die. It’s an action/adventure/comedy about best friends Debbie (Octavia Spencer!!!) and Judith (Hannah Waddingham). Debbie’s the ultra competent, mega smart, and supportive wife to a dull British MP. Judith is a slick as anything international assassin (the assassin bit is unbeknownst to Debbie at the outset). They’re in a book club together. 

This show is absolute FIRE!

We’re now on the second season of Stranger Things and, after watching the first episode, it’s looking like Winona Ryder’s kid is going to be sucked back into the alternate scary, horror dimension. I REALLY hope that’s not where the show goes. They already did that (and the whole rescue bit) in the first season. Gimme something else. Please?

And we’re watching Star Trek: Strange New Worlds – the series with Captain Christopher Pike which is set a decade before James T. Kirk takes the helm of the Enterprise. I love seeing Pike vibrantly alive versus how I first saw him – horribly deformed and crippled – in the original series. So far, besides the original series and The Next Generation, this one might be my favorite Trek. Maybe. I suppose it depends on the day.

I enjoyed Discovery a great deal in the beginning but somewhere along the line (fourth season?) Michael Burnham, the main character’s way of expressing herself seemed to be reduced to cocking her head to the side, taking on quizzical expressions, and uttering dialogue more appropriate to a condescending grade school teacher. Weird. I went from abso-loving this previously complex player to finding her annoying and unwatchable.
~~~
Alan Elrod, president & CEO of the Pulaski Institution, writing at Liberal Currents felt that Pedo was giving off serious Jim Jones vibes last Thursday at his poorly attended Dallas rally (*oops*, Republican midterm convention).

… far from a display of power and forward-looking ideas, Trump’s speech came off more like a sermon from Jonestown. And observers noticed. My own overriding thought was:“This speech was like some sort of performance art piece of a live entombing of a mad king and his most loyal followers.” (source)
By building his ostentatious, tacky ballroom and absolutely obscene arch (on top of all his other garish, gold paint covered, suburban shopping mall style “improvements”) Pedo’s basically attempting to leave a mark on the U.S. – desperately trying to ensure that he’s remembered forever as The Great Man that he never was. It’s part and parcel of why he’s always putting his name on everything – from all the commercial buildings he doesn’t own but bear his name to his ongoing attempts to force himself on the Kennedy Center. 

Elrod brings up the concept of retainer sacrifice. No, I’m not talking about those custom-made plastic devices that teens wear over their teeth after their braces come off. No, no, I’m talking about the ancient Egyptian practice where pharaohs would have servants (AKA retainers) killed after the the pharaoh's deaths so they could continue serving them in the afterlife.

Who would Pedo have offed so they’d keep serving him in Hell?

Natalie Harp (obviously – girl would, no hesitation, no questions asked, gleefully jump at the chance), Walt Nauta, Gym Jordan, Ted Cruz, Stephen Nosferatu Miller, and his fellow Epstein Islander, MusKKK to name a few. They can all be buried inside that stupid arch (if it ever gets built and I hope to hell it isn’t) or under the stupid ballroom. 

You know, it’d be perfect if JDouche got buried with Pedo too but I imagine, even from the mausoleum, Trump would find a way to keep that perennially annoying, emotionally dysregulated, socially twisted pariah out. Hells bells, I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment