Saturday, September 12, 2026

Don't Panic

Like everyone else, or a fuckton of us at any rate, I’m feeling overwhelmed. I feel like a sheet of pastel paper that’s been drawn on so heavily, taken so many layers of chalk and oil that any new impressions are repelled. It's hard to take in all the new horrors.

The Iran backed Houthis have captured Yemen’s Red Sea coast and asked Pedo not to get involved. Donnie woke up long enough to grunt, “sure, ok, no prob” before nodding off again. Only problem is, his buddies, the Saudis really want him to get involved – like drop a few bombs type involved. Will they need to remind their pants shitting puppet that they didn’t “invest” $2 billion in little Jared’s “private equity firm” for his father-in-law Prez to just sit there in his full diaper, napping.

I didn’t know who the Houthis were until this morning. Sure, I’d heard of them but that’s about it. Now they’re a major player on the board.

Here at home, at the Trump rally in Dallas, Vice Prez JDouche Vance objected to the GOP being described as racist while rolling out the usual, tired, gross immigrant clichés. 

“We were tired of being called ‘racist’ for noticing that our country was becoming dirtier, and poor, and less safe, and less prosperous.”

Christ almighty!

Then Texas’s ridiculously embarrassing senator Rafael “Ted” Cruz came out to push the hilarious old lie that New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani, Michigan Senate candidate Abdul El-Sayed want to establish Sharia Law in NYC and the US. Considering Cruz's state is well into launching the christian nationalist version of that, that’s pretty rich.

AND unsurprisingly Russia is still attacking Ukraine. It seems jerky boy Jared and Stevie Witkoff, the real estate investors that Trump sent to negotiate a peace deal (jesus fucking christ!), have failed.  (Show of hands as to who's surprised. C'mon now, don't be shy. What? Anyone? ... No one? Yup. Didn't think so.)

United States envoys Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner have been seen as embarrassing and amateurish after their latest attempt to secure a ceasefire in Russia’s war in Ukraine, suggesting that European patience with the US administration of Donald Trump is running out.

Jared Kushner’s incompetence was on full display this weekend,” wrote Slate magazine. “The Witkoff-Kushner circus act is an embarrassment,” said the Daily Telegraph, while the Financial Times titled its story, “Kushner and Witkoff’s blind amateurism.
(source
GEE, I’m 💥 SHOCKED 💥 simply stunned, I tell you!

Stephan Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

They’re nothing but fifth rate holiday timeshare salemen and should go back to scamming swampland to retirees.

So … yeah, I’m fucking full up and weary. I wish I was still a coffee drinker. I wish I still drank more than the odd thimbleful of whisky. A full strength Irish coffee would really hit the spot about now.

I believe it’s a good day to ignore the news. Maybe it’ll ignore me too?

Our civilization is doomed to a short life: its component parts are too heterogeneous. I personally am content to see everything in the process of decay. The bigger the bombs, the quicker it will be done. The world is visually too hideous for one to make the attempt to preserve it. Let it go.

~ Paul Bowles, Pages From Cold Point and Other Stories

Okay, that’s a little TOO bleak.

Don't Panic.
~ Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Always wise advice.

Panic causes tunnel vision. Calm acceptance of danger allows us to more easily assess the situation and see the options.
~ Simon Sinek

Hysteria is impossible without an audience. Panicking by yourself is the same as laughing alone in an empty room. You feel really silly. 
~ Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

For fast acting relief, try slowing down. 
~ Lily Tomlin

You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
~ Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment