Search This Blog

Friday, September 21, 2012

Sky & Skunk Blogging

The sky is the daily bread of the eyes. 
 ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson 

And when the day arrives I'll become the sky and I'll become the sea and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now. 
~ Trent Reznor 

Men are April when they woo, December when they wed. Maids are May when they are maids, but the sky changes when they are wives.
~ Shakepeare 

Women hold up half the sky. 
~ Mao Tse-Tung 

You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.
~ Pema Chödrön


Excuse me while I kiss the sky. 
~ Jimi Hendrix
 
The name skunk is an adaptation of the Abenaki Indian (Algonquin) name, "segankw" or "segongw." 

Skunks have excellent hearing and an excellent sense of smell; however, they have poor vision.

Green horned owls are the main predators of skunks. Owls like most birds have a poor sense of smell.

Skunks will stamp their feet, raise their tails and lurch their backs when the feel threatened. If you are faced with this situation it is wise to quietly retreat.

This is Flower. – our very sweet morning porch visitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment