Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Great Art

Great Crap Chinese Dive Bar Art
Great crap Chinese bar art that is.

Jen and I went for a post work bev at our number one joint yesterday -- Froggy's. AKA The Frog and Peach, AKA The Fox and Hound. I needed the wizardly ministrations of my fav bartender, Wendy.

The joint was jam packed with the bar stacked 53 deep (OK, OK -- just 3 deep. It felt like 53 though). No one was clearing out anytime soon either. Incredibly, I managed to catch Wendy's eye. She slipped out of the merrymaking throng moments before they could lift and crowd surf her over to me. Froggy's clientele are, most assuredly, a helpful, genial lot.

She found me a nice table where I could wait for Jen and brought me a hot toddy -- my new must have Magical Elixir.

The crush of humanity was just too much for me though so, when Jen arrived, we decamped to the dive next door. The place may have, def has, more than just a whiff of sleazy, hole in the wall, cheesy road house about it but the barkeep is hilarious and a totally first rate firewater artist.

Meanwhile, I was hunting around on line for something or other (probably socks...again. It's always socks) I found this fab post at The Inverted Euphrmsim. I hope to Christ and Kali that I am never, EVAH this kind of customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment