Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hard Start

Busy day ahead of me and it’s not started great.

The last dream this morning was triple plus odd. In my unconscious conjuring, it was Marathon Day (AKA Patriot’s Day -- the running of the Marathon) and I was staying at the ultra posh Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel  In the crowded, busy Oak Bar, with it’s holiday party atmosphere -- all the folks giddy about the next day’s event -- I get hit on by a truly handsome, well dressed and charming man.

And he’s 24. TWENTY FOUR! ‘the hell? Why am I having this nightmare?

I decided to go for it only to die a thousand deaths, during the elevator ascent to his room, wondering if he’ll just flat out hurl when he gets a gander at this '58 Special in the nude.

Luckily, Coco came to my rescue -- landing on me with all four feet and, best I can tell, toting a 50 pound weight.
Now I’m up, our herd of cat’s been slopped and I’ve begun my usual morning computer seisiún -- you know, checking my email, trolling the web for interesting art on which to sleepily, smilingly gaze and ponder, checking out whose saying what on Facebook and, of course, reading my comics and political blogs.

Oh yeah and playing Words with Friends. In two of my games I had NO vowels. Zippo! That’s just cruel. Yeah sure, I could just pass on my turn, swap out some tiles but NO! Warum? Well hell, the no vowel state of being is a challenge! It necessitates creativity and strategy. I CAN do this!

Next up today is a visit to the YMCA here in Quincy. My Healthy Workplace/Weight Loss Team had their first meeting and weigh in last week. Where was I? Home in bed -- sick as a dog, coughing my brains AND lungs clean out. Not pretty. In any case, in addition to the pain and horror of the weigh in, I’ll also get a tour of the Y AND a trainer.

Wow, just wow! A personal trainer? I’ll feel all Hollywood-ish, all rich folk-like.

Mind you, this is just for six weeks (five now, since I lost the first week to my wee case of black plague) but still... AWESOME!

After this, I head into Boston for a doc appointment and errands.

Considering that The Amazing Bob and I spent the last ten days ravaged by pestilence that would’ve made the ten plagues of Egypt look like a few days of rainy, dingy weather, this is big. Particularly that weigh in shit. Christ I hate getting weighed -- it so rarely leaves me feeling blithe and buoyant.

I took my first post-scourge trike ride yesterday. It was a short ride, all straight aways -- no hills, but I HAD to break the ice. Ice broken now thanks -- time to ZOOM!

OK OK, I’ll attempt to ease in at a nice, reasonable pace. Sheesh. Entspannen Sie bitte. Chill. K?

No comments:

Post a Comment