Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday Wisdom

* The View's Broken. 
That quip just NEVER gets old -- for me that is. Yesterday was a molto misty, foggy day. This was the view at Wollaston Beach yesterday afternoon.
* An old adage -- treat a cold it lasts 10 days, don't treat a cold it lasts 10 days
I’m on Day 12, The Amazing Bob’s on Day 14. ENOUGH already!
* If it can fit in my not-so-large purse, it can be lost in my not-so-large purse.
Rilly. I could fit AND lose the Empire
State Building, China and three alligators in this thing -- small as it is. It’s called a mini courier bag  and is 9" deep x 10.5" long x 3.5" wide. NOT exactly capacious. Yes, just like the Tardis, my wee satchel was transcendentally engineered
* Once a feral, always a feral.
Rocco, though he’s been taking his meals at our porch cat cafeteria (Chez Valhalla) for ten years now, still, STILL backs off when I bring him his meals. I must be one scary, if frowzy, cat doormat.
* If you’re talkin’ it, you’re, likely as not, NOT walkin’ it.
What am I speaking of? Why, it’s that whole god/Jesus thing. Again. I have a few close chums who are Christian (yes, with that capital ‘C’).  My pals are kind, giving and helpful to all. They’re not judgmental AND you’ll never hear one of them going all preachy, preachy. They’re the walk-the-path sort. Their actions/how they live their lives serve as their ‘witness.’

Alternatively, I’ve a Facebook ‘friend’ who, whenever I indulge in some rant (inevitably about menopause) -- and I start with the hyperbole laden, drama-mama phrase ‘IF there was a god...’ -- he never fails to chime in with ‘Yes Donna, there is a God.’  He’s also posted one of those Facebook crap picture with text posts about how women need to dress more modestly so as not to attract rapists and abuse.

No. Really.

To this, my reply is what Ramy at Mokh Libnene said'

Go read. I couldn’t have put it better.

And, oh yeah, Ramy’s a dude. And a feminist. Awesome!
"When the white missionaries came to Africa, they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them, we had the Bible and they had the land." 
~ Desmond Tutu
By the way -- my exhortation to BE HERE NOW!, is my wish that we all stop living for some pie in the sky heaven, the 1,000 virgins (Christian, Muslim or Zoroastrian -- every dogma has its own version of the BIG reward) and no calorie cheesecake (you have your version of heaven and I've got mine). Walk your faith's path here, on this planet, in our present world. Stop talkin' and start walkin'!
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."  
 -- Kurt Vonnegut


No comments:

Post a Comment