Search This Blog

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saturday Morning in Cathalla

It’s Saturday, thank the gods! Our herd of feline don’t seem to know this though. The concept of sleeping in is utterly bizarre and foreign to them. Happily, only Coco can come into the bedroom, leap onto my poor sleeping form with all four heavily weighted feet (swear to god!) and nag me into wakefulness.

My alarm clock
She’s quite insistent and a quick draw with the guilt trips too. ‘It was chilly last night. Rocco and Gaston are cold and hungry! And I’m lonely -- you haven’t played with me in 8 whole hours!’ 

Our stoned king
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so I totally understand the urgency. OK, that and they all get their daily pinch of weed (catnip) and a pound of treats in the morning too. Possibly they've all got wee monkeys riding their backs now. My fault or maybe it's all Gus' doing. Yeah, I like that WAY better!

Gaston pouting under Jen's car
It’s purely to keep the peace
mind you. Without it, our Rocco and Gaston give poor Gus such hell. They do anyway but maybe, when stoned to the nines, slightly less so. Gus, being no pushover, keeps inching forward, demanding his cut of the tuna and weed action.

In other early morning happenings -- from the window by my computer, I spied a bright pink cast to the sky. I just had to dash out, in my One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish jammies, to capture it. Naturally!

Here’s the thing -- Hough's Neck is the Morning Person section of the US (much as London is the smoking section of Europe and Ho Chi Minh City is caffeine central of the East). There are bunches of folks up and about -- jogging, biking, walking their hounds and there I am, running around with my standing-straight-up-slept-on hair, in my ‘Go to Hull’ T and awesome pjs, snapping shots of the brilliant sky.

Hey, someone’s got to do it.

As Dr. Seuss said:

“From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!”

No comments:

Post a Comment