Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Amazing Joe Rich

I went in to the Apple store at the South Shore Plaza today. I brought my crapped out keyboard -- the one I JUST bought in May.

Way lucky me, the tremendous and ASL conversant Joe Rich was on the job.

Now, I'm not exactly fluent with the old ASL BUT it sure as fuck helps when whoever I'm talking with knows at least a wee bit. I rely on a combo of lipreading and sign. Yeah, it's a kluged together language styling but that's how I get by.

'Whatever works' as the ALDA folk say.

My keyboard, clearly suffering from Gremlin Ebola Disease, was a week-ish past the warranty's expiration date BUT Joe Rich, customer service rep extraordinaire, got me all squared away -- a new one at no charge.

Awesome plus but even MORE fab since I had a design job that I needed to submit finals on this afternoon.

Oh yeah and did I mention -- it's MOLTO fab when your customer service reps actually know your language!

No comments:

Post a Comment