Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Is This The Year?

Heading into town for a couple of appointments at Mass General. The first one is just the annual with my Primary Care doc. I’m not expecting any surprises and just hoping like hell that I’ve lost some weight AND she can prescribe some new, better allergy meds.

The second is the annual with my neurologist. We’ll review the pics from my recent-ish MRI-athon, talk about how I’m feeling and are there any new or more pronounced symptoms goin’ on. Sadly, there are.

Mostly it’s that I’ve become much more of a headache factory. These aren’t little ‘oof, I think I need a coupla Ibuprofens and mebbe a nice warm cuppa lavender tea.’ Nope, these are ones where I feel my head’s exploding and imploding at the very same time. When I’m not shrieking from the knife-like pain, I’m actually quiet. That’s right -- me, NOT talking. Me!

When the intensity passes I sleep.

These no good, stupid, obnoxious, asshole episodes might mean that this is the year to get that pesky meningioma at the top front of my brain yanked. It could also maybe just mean that I need new, better allergy meds. The headaches always follow a coughing/sneezing fit.

You know what’d be grand? Instead of me bopping from office to office, I’d love to get all of the Maderer Brain and Body Pit Crew in one room together. They can all chat, consult, compare notes and bloody well fix me up right. Dammit! The Amazing Bob’ll make cookies -- it’d be awesome.

You know, I think I’m on to something here!

No comments:

Post a Comment