Search This Blog

Monday, November 25, 2013

Can't Sleep 'Cause My Bed's On Fire

Geezer and Son -- three years ago
Today’s the big day -- The Amazing Bob’s angioplasty and stent installation surgery.

I totes realize that this time is NOT the same as almost three years ago -- New Year’s Day 2010. A heart attack preceded the angioplasty which turned into 17 days at Mass General and quadruple bypass.
 
Nope, this time he’s simply having a bit of preventative maintenance (you know, I read about this in that great book “The Care and Feeding of Your Geezer.” Possibly it was “What To Expect When You’re Not Expecting.’

I forget now.

Despite really, truly getting that we’re not in the same place or shape that we were three years ago, I’m still tense and nervous.

and now a musical interlude

Psycho Killer from Stop Making Sense -- the BEST concert film EVAH!

Over this past week I’ve found myself solidly, stone awake at 12:30 AM. Am I up and fretting over TAB? Indirectly, yes.

I’ve a real spectacular talent for transferring stress from it’s home base, it’s genesis point, straight over to some poor, unsuspecting innocent.  This week’s victim? Work. I’ve been laying in bed, cogitating madly on how to fix this lay out problem or that. I generally give up on slumber-land at the two o’clock mark, come downstairs and start working.

At least I’ve been getting a lot done.

No comments:

Post a Comment