Search This Blog

Friday, December 13, 2013

Westward Bound

Once again Jen and I are up WAY too fucking early. We're off to Logan and then westward to Pittsburgh. From there we do the long drive to my father's small town.

Love seeing Pop. Hate the trip -- con brio.

We'll get to Logan at four for our six am flight. At this obscene (even for me) hour there MIGHT be a Dunkin' Donuts open and I despise DDs 'coffee' with a passion usually reserved for brussels sprouts, cockroaches (human and otherwise) and mean people (I think I was just all redundant-y). If I'm lucky, the brew comes out looking like Crayola Beaver Brown and tastes like a watery, sugar drenched crayon too.

I just checked the online airport map and it looks like there's an Au Bon Pain near out gate. Good coffee and their bagels have the consistency and taste that bagels SHOULD have. At Dunkin Donuts, all the bagels taste just like their Glazed Cake Doughnuts even the Everything bagels. (nota bene: spelled Doughnut NOT donut!). Hope Au Bon Pain's open.

Even if they are though, this won't be the egg brekie I'll want and need for the big day ahead -- flying, tons of driving, taxing lipreading, being sehr upbeat for meine Papa and then more social stuff, more lipreading. This calls for omelets -- preferably with bucket loads of spinach, jalapeños, guilt inducing feta cheese and home fries. A mimosa wouldn't be out of place either.

But those can't be found at Logan at four am. Nooooooo.

Whine, wail, kvetch, piss, moan, grumble, whimper.

Em.....sorry. Don't mind me.



No comments:

Post a Comment