Search This Blog

Friday, January 3, 2014

Hercules Unchained


High temperature today is predicted to be 11º Fahrenheit (wind chill 17º below). Joy.

Anticipated Hercules snow accumulation, here on the Neck, is 12 - 16 inches. I’m just thrilled down to my buttons, I tell yas.

Jen got to leave work early yesterday and actually gets to labor from home today (which translates as ‘checking her email’ since there’s not much else that can be done from home). This is HUGE.

Two bits of fab mid blizzard news though:
1) We still have power. YEA!
As much fun as our Killer Blizzard Nemo slumber party at Saint Erin’s was last year, I’m happy as all Hades (quite the convivial joint. of course) to be home. 
2) Rocco made it through the night. More YEA!
His cat cave, with makeshift tent and snow barricade, survived -- no collapsing. It's not pretty but it worked.
I brought him some brekkie and put it at the cave’s mouth so that, to eat, all he had to do was poke his jowly face out. Which he did.

Possibly this wasn’t my smartest move since that means he had to leave his relatively warm, dry haven in order to drain the dragon. Still, I shoveled a path so he can get back in with less time spent shoulder deep in the cold wet crap.

Yes, I worry something outlandish about our boy.
It was so cold and nasty last night that Coco, our pampered princess, slept on my chest all night instead of in her castle aerie. I kept thinking that Rocco should have been there too.

PRE Arctic action, I fell into two beautiful bonanzas:
1) The Amazing Bob, finally over his cold, baked a tremendous apple pie.
DAY-um, the man has serious pastry crafting chops!
2) My brandy new Lori Watts/Fine Mess Pottery bowls arroved. 
Look at these! Just take a gander at these babies. They are magnificent plus and just the right size for last night’s dinner of thick veggie stew too. Check out the flashes of rose within the blue/grey belly and the sweet slip trail patterning (click on the images to embiggen 'em). These are just exquisite and a half.

Hercules Unchained
A 1959 Italian epic fantasy feature film starring Steve Reeves and Sylva Koscina in a story about two warring brothers and Hercules' tribulations in the court of Queen Omphale.

No comments:

Post a Comment