Search This Blog

Thursday, March 27, 2014

I Can See Clearly Now

Today will be 44º—a veritable scorcher!
The post storm light made the bay appear all cool shades of green, not blue

This being a damn sight better than yesterday's high of 35º with winds gusting up over 50 mph.

In the early morning, when I stepped out onto the porch, I could tell there was some deep booming roar going on. At first I thought ‘huh, must be a really loud, low flying plane.’ I can’t actually hear the low flyers anymore though. It took me another moment or three to realize that I was hearing the wind.

If I could hear the howl, the rolling rumble of the wind, shit had to be serious.

Given that even on calm, windless days, I’ve the proximate balance of a shitfaced flounder, there was no triking yesterday. No walking either. Hell, even Bix, who weighs in at a tidy 1,900 pounds, was bounced and jounced as I made my way up Sea Street to the cat food store.

Jen crazy woman that she is, still went for her morning, pre-dawn run. It’s amazing she wasn’t blown off to Munchkin Land.

Rocco, smart cat that he is, spent the day in his back cave though he did manage to emerge for brekkie. Nothing stops our boy from snarfing up the most important meal of the day.

In any case, no damage, no loss of power and, best yet, no new snow. I think spring is finally on track. Thank Bast!

And this morning, I’ve Johnny Nash in my head. A good start!
I can see clearly now the rain is gone.
I can see all obstacles in my way.
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind.
It's gonna be a bright
bright sunshiny day.
It's gonna be a bright
bright sunshiny day.

Oh, yes I can make it now the pain is gone.
All of the bad feelings have disappeared.
Here is that rainbow I've been praying for.
It's gonna be a bright
bright sunshiny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment