Search This Blog

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Shanty Town

Big Pawed Gus
We’ve survived the latest KILLAH SNOW STAWM! There was no loss of power, the furnace hung in there and, best of all perhaps, Rocco’s fine and dandy this morning. OK, cranky but alive and able to choke down a plate of Bumble Bee.

Yes, our pampered yet fierce and not-so-feral-anymore, jungle warrior is being cosseted mega hugely. After 10+ years of coming around to snag the odd meal, the stray treat, he’s totally moved in. Well, not ‘in.’ He still refuses to come into the house so, naturally, I had to bring some house out to him.
Gaston NOT yelling

That is, I’ve kludged together a regular hobo shanty town. I thought all our feral beasties could find shelter from the storms here -- there’s certainly enough beds -- but no. I suspect our Rocco doesn’t share very well. Possibly.

No sign of Gaston or Gus this morning but they tend to sleep in after a big storm. I expect they’ll turn up around noon full of nagging demands for food ‘NOW woman!’

Spring feels as though it's light years away though I know warmer days will be on us in less than a month. Feline Hobo Village will be dismantled (though I'll, of course, redecorate for that best, most wondrous season of the year) and we'll all breathe easier. Muscles will unclench, cat tempers will chill (momentarily at least) and maybe I'll come up with a better porch scheme for next winter. I'll construct Frank Lloyd Wright versus Frank Gehry winter chalets for our herd of ferals.

Yup, I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment