Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

She's a Killer Queen

Coco emitting her savage death rays
The honored dead
Savoring success, Coco took to her high castle in order to sleep off the adrenaline rush of the hunt
Dunno how many times I walked past that poor, sad corpse this morning.

I don’t turn on the lights first thing in the very early morning. Warum? Well hells, I may be a morning person but that doesn’t mean I tumble out of bed like Chellsie Memmel zipping off a few quick Double Arabian Pikes.

Nope, I ease into my pre dawn wakefulness.

I’d fed Coco, Rocco and Gaston, cleaned the litter box, put on a pot of espresso roast, fired up the magic email machine and realized, ‘huh, reading glasses. need them.’ I scaled the much-steeper-at-five-AM stairs, turned on the bathroom light and began hunting about in my cockcrow, bleary eyed way. And there he was -- our wee mouse cadaver. How many times had I just missed stepping on his tiny inanimate carcass, crunching those minikin bones under my slippered foot?

Hmmph. This would explain the first floor mess -- it was as though a hurricane tore through the living room and kitchen. One did -- Hurricane Coco after her poor, doomed quarry.

Naturally, I had to give her treats and praise her awesome, death-dealing ferociousness. Of course.

Queen -- Killer Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment