Search This Blog

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Ode to a Smelly Cat

WHAT?!
The Amazing Bob, rudely driven from the gentle arms of Morpheus the other night, felt compelled to rat out the responsible party in verse.

It was not much past midnight when
   The smell began to bloom
It started in the litter box
   And crept from room to room
I don't know what the cat ate
   That soured inside her gut
And turned into those noxious fumes
   That blasted from her butt

 I opened all the windows though
   The night was freezing cold
I could have been a millionaire
   If stink had turned to gold
Then I cranked the fan up high
   And lit an incense stick
Our unrepentant girl
Stuck my head outside the door
   And took a breath real quick.

 The cat curled back up in a ball
   And slept without a care
While fleas dropped dead around her bed,
   Each gasping for some air
My wife and I, we staggered 'round
   Lighting candles as we went
Cursing all the feline race
   To the maximum extent.

By the A.M. the stink had cleared
   From our little domicile.
We shut the windows all back up,
   cranked the furnace for awhile.
Just before I went to bed
   I snuck up slow
Brought the cat down to the porch
   And threw her in the snow.

OK then — truth time. TAB most def did NOT toss the cat out the door into the snow. First off, he never EVER would do such a thing. All my cat doormat-ish behavior? Learned from him. Oh yes it was! Secondly, no snow yet here in Valhalla. Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment