Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Enervation City

I woke around midnight and, before falling back into dreamland, realized that OF COURSE I’ve been 99 kinds of exhausted, worn to the bone, jagged, fagged and frayed lately. “Lately” being the last week or so.

Aunt Pat fell desperately ill and succumbed to death’s final embrace (the funeral is later this morning). The Amazing Bob had his third (of six) chemo infusions and the follow up Neulasta shot (yesterday morning). This chemical cocktail combo has been a sure fire heart attack trigger for our hero.

So far, so good. No chest pain, no fireworks—just a bit of indigestion. If we can get through today without more angina action, I think we’ll be OK...at least until chemo day four (March 26th). We wait. We take deep breaths. He plays the piano. I paint koi and starfish on the walls.

All this is by way of saying OOF! More blatherings from me later. For now, I give you this morning’s gorgeous Valhalla dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment