Search This Blog

Friday, April 17, 2015

Meanwhile, in the wee hamlet of Enervata

 "Winston was gelatinous with fatigue."
~George Orwell, 1984

“A day of worry is more exhausting than a week of work.”
~John Lubbock, The Use Of Life

“We were all feeling that bit shagged and fagged and fashed, it having been an evening of some small energy expenditure.”
~Anthony Burgess, A Clockwork Orange

“My head aches, my eyes burn, my arms and legs have given up, and my face in the mirror has a grayish cast. The bed, across the room, calls in its unmistakable lover’s croon, Come to me, come, only I can make you truly happy, oh, how happy I’ll make you, don’t resist, remember how you moan with pleasure the instant we touch.....”
~Lynne Sharon Schwartz, Fatigue Artist

“This much I do know - I’m exhausted by the cumulative consequences of a lifetime of hasty choices and chaotic passions.”
~Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love

"I'm so tired, I'm feeling so upset
Although I'm so tired I'll have another cigarette
And curse Sir Walter Raleigh
He was such a stupid git"
~John Lennon, I'm So Tired

“I am old, Gandalf. I don't look it, but I am beginning to feel it in my heart of hearts. Well-preserved indeed! Why, I feel all thin, sort of stretched, if you know what I mean: like butter that has been scraped over too much bread. That can't be right. I need a change, or something.”
~J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

“I’ve dreamed a lot. I’m tired now from dreaming but not tired of dreaming. No one tires of dreaming, because to dream is to forget, and forgetting does not weigh on us, it is a dreamless sleep throughout which we remain awake. In dreams I have achieved everything.”
~Fernando Pessoa, The Book of Disquiet

“Sleep did not honor me with it’s presence.”
~Alysha Speer, Sharden

“I must be overtired', Buttercup managed. 'The excitement and all.'
'Rest then', her mother cautioned. 'Terrible things can happen when you're overtired. I was overtired the night your father proposed.”
~William Goldman, The Princess Bride

Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward.
~ Kurt Vonnegut

“Sometimes I get too exhausted
to even feel bad”
~Charles Bukowski


No comments:

Post a Comment