Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wakey Wakey

This morning's past-break-of-dawn light.
Does it really count as oversleeping if:
A) I woke in the middle of the night and couldn’t get back to sleep until 3 AM? In total, I didn’t get more than eight hours of real, actual rack time. So, when looked at in this light, I didn’t REALLY oversleep, I over bedded. Right?
B) I was up for the day by six AM. That’s after my usual up-and-at-'em, pre-dawn wakey-wakey but it’s still bloody early...right?
Why do I feel such panic and guilt over waking two hours later than normal? So much to do, so much to do! There’re cats to be fed, exercises to be done, trikes to be ridden, correspondence to be tippy tapped, design-work to be laid out, errands to run, blogs to be blogged and, most important, there’s the light that only happens in the moments between the darkest hour and the sun’s first appearance on the horizon—it’s GOT to be captured by my faithful Canon!

“I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?”
~Ernest Hemingway

“I went to visit my grandma. I meant to stay for two days, but ended up staying two months. (So I overslept a little).”
~Jarod Kintz, Who Moved My Choose?: An Amazing Way to Deal With Change by Deciding to Let Indecision Into Your Life

No comments:

Post a Comment