Search This Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2015

SUN!

Holy shit, I see the sun!!! After what feels like a week of rain and mega windy days it looks like we’ll finally have a little brightness today. And the water's blue versus murky green again!

Thank Bast.

Dunno if this has been what’s up with the herd but Coco and Rocco have been wickedly needy over the last few days or so.

Rocco in a rare patch of sun
Coco on her preferred lap
If The Amazing Bob isn’t downstairs in his big chair, Coco’s in my lap (generally speaking, my lap is deemed not-all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips-ish). I'm just her personal Bantha, her Tauntaun. I carry her around so she can see more of the world without having to soil those dainty feet, I bring her meals and muck out her litter box. I am not the lap she is looking for. Yet, over these past few days, our princess has climbed aboard and settled in. That is, until TAB resumes his recliner post.

And then there's the boy. If I’m in bed reading (which was pretty common occurrence with this cold that won’t go away) Rocco’s at my side. He makes it clear that he needs pats (and keep em comin!) and hugs...unless of course he’s patiently sitting in front of his food bowl which is his way of saying ‘What’s a fella gotta do around here to get a meal, huh?’ Was our schmoozy old kitten ever feral?

There was actually a point yesterday when Coco was upstairs camped out on the bed (since Sergeant Rocco moved in, she avoids our bedroom like last year's fashions) while our former warrior looked on from his bed a top the linens shelf in the closet. They actually shared the room for, like, a whole 30 minutes. This is new!

Maybe it’s the change of seasons, the closing of all their fav surveillance windows, the chill in the air, the heat coming on. Yeah, I get it. I'm a bit weirded out too. It's getting to be time to don socks! I can't wear shorts anymore! I have to wear a sweat shirt over my tank top! *sniff, sob*

Ah well. I've got some killa' socks and jackets. I'm good. And on that note, it's time to go trike!

No comments:

Post a Comment