Search This Blog

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Winged Creatures and Expectorating Four Leggeds

The Amazing Bob and I have decided that Coco and Rocco would maybe be quite unhappy about sharing our nest with a vulture. Quite likely actually. So, despite the stone attractiveness of the tuxedo clad vulture that we saw on last night’s news program, we’re gonna have to pass.

I don’t recall what the story was about. I just know that I was utterly taken with the boid’s beauty. I think it was, a White Backed Vulture. Stunning AND would’ve fit in well, aesthetically speaking, with our resident Tux’s. TAB solidly vetoed this. Huh. Prolly something to do with the smell of carrion...I guess.

Ah, to have all the animals I’d like living here with us. It’s not just cats that I love, don’cha know. I’m keen on bats, yes bats. They’re an important player in our world, oh yes they are.

Bats eat insects.
Most bats eat insects and are called insectivores. These bats especially like to eat mosquitoes, beetles, and moths. And they sure do eat a lot of insects. Did you know that one little brown bat can eat 1,200 mosquitoes in an hour? Now that's a lot of insects.
They’re also great for farmers. Less insecticide is needed to preserve crops which saves the farmers money AND means that we get healthier fruits and veggies. Win/win.

Bats get bad press which I’ve never really understood. Yeah sure, they’re kinda creepy looking but in a cute fuzzy way. See?!

I want bat houses. If they have their own houses and don't have to come inside ours for anything (where do bats go to the bathroom?) how could anyone object? Maybe this spring, eh?

Llamas—I like the way they look but I hear tell they spit. That’s solidly unappealing. Do llamas really spit? I looked it up.
Llamas do spit on each other from time to time. It’s their way of expressing irritation or displeasure with other llamas.

Llamas that spit on humans were probably raised by humans and haven’t spent much time around other llamas. When this happens, they treat humans just like they would other llamas.

If you train a llama well and give it time with other llamas, it usually won’t spit at people unless it’s mistreated. In fact, well-trained llamas are usually very friendly and respectful animals.
I think Coco and Rocco’d go along with having bats and llamas and vultures (Oh my!) as long as our new friends did NOT encroach on their space. TAB too for that matter. Also, I’d be the one to change the llama’s litter box. They use litterboxes…right?

No comments:

Post a Comment