Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2016

No Mind

This time last year, we were nearing the end of our Snowmaggedon winter. The snow had melted enough that I was able to dig a path to the grill. My boss’s dog’s use of a neighbor’s shed roof as her personal Poop-a-torium was exposed. By mid month my all winter long, snow induced, greatly loathed mall walking exercise regimen had me seriously considering snow tires for my trike.

This year is relievedly different. Though chilly, over the weekend I was able to go for long beach walks and hikes around the marsh. Fabulous brain clearing rambles. Later today, it'll be warm enough to take a ride and Wednesday's it'll be in the upper 60s! Shorts weather!
The beach is not a place to work; to read, write or to think.
~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Gift from the Sea
Yup. When I walk and scramble around on the beach I enter Mushin or as close as I’ll ever get.
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
~ T.S. Eliot, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock
Me? I’m in black yoga pants. Same/same. Sort of. Kind of.
The thing is with hip-hop, it has its waves and the waves crash against the beach and the new waves come in. So to stay relevant you have to roll with that.
~ Ice Cube
Just like the rest of life. 'Scuse me, it's time to go visit my seagull buds, breathe deep and, mebbe, find some new shells.
Sunset by the marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment