Search This Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Sea Monsters at Sunrise

The plan for this morning was to leap up outta bed at four, make coffee and drive down to Nantasket in time to catch the sunrise. This would be followed by a long beach walk. Yup.

The sun comes up at precisely 5:06 AM (and I’d want to be there to catch the amazing pre-dawn sea/sky colors) and Nantasket’s about a 30 minute drive from the Neck, AKA Valhalla. This means, realistically, I’d need to be up and out the door by 4:15.

                          No prob, right?

                          Wrong.

Last night we celebrated Oni’s birthday with dinner, vino and Deadpool watching (LOVE that flick!) so I got to bed late (for me – NOT late for anyone else on the planet, including most ten year olds). Yes, this means that I didn’t haul my big, round, butt outta the crib in time.

Good news though – we’ve an absolutely splendid sunrise over the water here at home. The tide was high so no beach walkies BUT I was able to sit (WITH COFFEE!!!) on the seawall steps, enjoying the fuck outta daybreak.

Oh and, if you’re real quiet – and I was, the fishies do some cool tricks. One was jumping around. It didn’t leap clear outta the water BUT it was doing some crazy, splashy boogie. I really wanna know what that was all about. Maybe it wasn't actually some passing, break dancing flounder but a sea monster? That’s IT! Loch Ness has Nessie. Lake Champlain has Tatoskok, AKA Champ. Lake Manitoba has Manipogo.

                          Maybe we have Neckie?

No comments:

Post a Comment