Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Strange

Jen and Oni were away on Monday evening. It was the first time in a bazillion and one half years that I’ve been alone. That is, alone and without The Amazing Bob being just a phone call or text message away.

Weird. Weird, weird, weird, weird, weird, weird and even more of that weird shit.

More weirdness – all this empty time I have now that I’m not taking care of my handsome man.
  • We don’t head into MGH a couple of times a week for doc visits, tests or chemo-ification.
  • I’m not making his breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack and then nagging him to eat, EAT.
  • I don’t need to keep track of his many ‘scripts, fill the days of the week pill box, dispense and make sure he’s actually taken his AM and then PM doses.
  • No more weekly pharmacy runs.
  • No more daily trips to the grocery for his cookies and the morning fishwrap.
  • There’re very few dishes and clothes to wash now.
I ramble around the house constantly thinking I’m forgetting to do something important. I’m fairly certain that I’ll adapt. Maybe. Possibly, I’ll just end up painting, reading and napping with the cats all day. Who knows?

TAB stepped off Planet Earth 23 days ago and this still feels truly bizarre and utterly surreal. I don't like it. Too strange. I want TAB back now, tx.
People are Strange – The Doors
 

No comments:

Post a Comment