Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Bagattella

This morning – I got nada.

OK, what I’ve got is that I totally need to begin again with the meditation shit. I was just, FINALLY, kicking into gear when the monster poop hit the propellors. Derailment happens.

Walking too. Gotta reboot the rambles. A good long sprangle's got mondo mind/body healing effects. Yup, it do.

What about your trusty three wheeled steed, you're, mebbe, wondering. I don’t trust myself on the trike yet – when I’m mega stressed and/or distracted, like now, I tend to roll the unrollable. Road rash. Cracked ribs. Headache from the lowest rings of the Inferno. No thanks. I'm good. Don’t need ‘em right now.

I’m recommencing this meditation shit with walks down to the seawall at dawn. The tide was out this morning (left a note though, said it’d be back in time for lunch) so I got a wee walk in too – yea me!

And, of course, I went all snap happy.
Meditation is not a way of making your mind quiet.
It is a way of entering into the quiet that is already there -
buried under the 50,000 thoughts
the average person thinks every day.
~ Deepak Chopra

The problem with introspection is that it has no end.
~ Philip K. Dick

An interval of meditation, serious and grateful, was the best corrective of everything dangerous.
~ Jane Austen, Persuasion

Sitting still is a pain in the ass.
~ Noah Levine, Against the Stream: A Buddhist Manual for Spiritual Revolutionaries 

No comments:

Post a Comment