Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2016

First Flash of Eden

Home
Away
The upside to having cats who absolutely MUST be patted, skritched and otherwise cosseted to hell and back at 5 AM, is that I’m up. Coffee gets made and I'm able to hit our little beach in time to witness the brill colors and peace of dawn. I can also motor down to Nantasket for same. Either, both!

These last two mornings, the tide’s been way the hell out so I’ve gotten in a couple really fab beach walks. With the cooler temps of mid/late September, most vacas are done, kiddles are back at school – the beach is nearly empty at that early hour. It’s just me and a few fellow sunrise watchers, walkers and joggers. Molto tranquillo and shit.

There's always a story. It's all stories, really. The sun coming up every day is a story. Everything's got a story in it.
~ Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky

Not knowing when the dawn will come I open every door.
~ Emily Dickinson

There is only one day left, always starting over: it is given to us at dawn and taken away from us at dusk.
~ Jean-Paul Sartre

The Doors – Waiting for the Sun 

No comments:

Post a Comment