Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Windblown Bits

Tiny or small-ish homes – ones even smaller than my own – I love to see features on these. They give me ideas on how to creatively maximize my space. BUT, like all home/interior design pieces, the joints don’t look as though anyone lives there. There are no books, magazines or trash cans to be seen. No one’s knitting projects, cat toys, food bowls or litter boxes to be spied.

Also, where’s the computer? How about the TV? Every place looks like a hotel suite BEFORE you step in and set your duffel bag down.

And speaking of TVs (we were, weren't we?) – why does the remote control quit on me every few days but, when I have Oni come over to look into the prob, *POOF* it's working again? Hmmmmm?

And THEN there’s my new-ish camera — I finally got the instruction manual out and began reading through it. Yea me but...OY! I can’t figure it out plus...memory card????? Why didn’t it come with one?

I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed by tech tribulations.
~~~
In my ongoing quest to avoid the news, I picked up two new comic books.

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur is about a nine year old genius black girl on New York's Lower East Side. She wants to change the world. So far, I’m liking, not loving it. Could be there’s not enough exposition for my tastes. Too cinematic maybe? I’ll keep reading.

And Rat Queens. With a title like that, how could I NOT buy it? Rilly now.
Who are the Rat Queens?

A pack of booze-guzzling, death-dealing battle maidens-for-hire, and they're in the business of killing all god's creatures for profit.
~~snip~~
This modern spin on an old school genre is a violent monster-killing epic that is like Buffy meets Tank Girl in a Lord of the Rings world on crack!  (source)
 Love the premise and look forward to diving in.
~~~
Yesterday Jen, Oni and I went to Olde Bostonian, an architectural antique/junk type shop (they also do custom woodworking). I wanted to get glass door/cabinet knobs. Man-o-man, the place isn’t big but I could get lost in there for days. There are old doors, mantles, windows, stained glass windows, Victorian type architectural accents and more. No disco balls though. What home is complete without one? Honestly.
~~~
Saw this meme, at right, on ShoutyFace the other day. LOVE it. Now, I don’t expect all my hearing friends and fam to become fluent in ASL. Really. Hells bells, I’m not fluent...yet. In person convo with me isn't linguistically smooth and seamless – hasn't been in almost 12 years, since I lost the last of my audio. I'm straddling two worlds and, communication-wise, limping along as fast as I can. Gimme a hand. K?

 WikiHow has some great, very basic tips. Essentially, How to Communicate with Your Deafie. Go read.

No comments:

Post a Comment