Search This Blog

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Take it! Take it!

A very slight twist on Janis' brill tune – this being the song that it's my bean this morning.
Take another little peace of my heart now, baby,
Oh, oh, break it!
Break another little bit of my heart, now darling, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah,
Oh, oh, have a
Have another little peace of my heart now, baby, hey,
You know you got it, child, if it makes you feel good.
An aside – did you know that Piece of My Heart was originally recorded by Erma Franklin, Aretha’s big sis?  I didn’t. I understand Erma’s vocal styling’s are rather different from Janis’. Would love to hear that but, I suspect, Janis' version owns me.

Peace of mind – it’s a fleeting motherfucker, in’nt?
Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.
~ Albert Einstein

Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart.
...live in the question.
~ Rainer Maria Rilke

"live in the question." Wow. That right there's some serious deep shit. I wonder what that'll look like vis-à-vis the Grand Canyon sized hole in my heart that is TAB's absence.

The best thing you can say to someone going through a tragic loss is not that "It's going to be alright” It is:
"Hold on tight because this is going to hurt like hell".”
~ JohnA Passaro

C'mon inner fucking peace. I don't got all day, ya know!

Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.
~ Edna St. Vincent Millay
 
If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.
~ Emily Brontë
 
Yup. Me and the universe? We’ve yet to be reintroduced.

“I woke up!" he replied, eye twinkling in his haggard face, "and that's reason enough to be happy!”
~ Ron Hall

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
~ Pericles

There is so much of me which The Amazing Bob inspired, planted and nurtured. I am me, make no mistake about that meine Freunde, but TAB? He was the weft to my warp,

There is no such thing as inner peace. There is only nervousness and death.
~ Fran Lebowitz

Yeah, fuck you, Fran.

No comments:

Post a Comment