Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Sneaky, Sneaky

This time next week, I’ll be landing in Dublin. Why the Emerald Isle trip? My awesome pal Brenda lives a little north of the Dubs in Slane. Haven’t seen her in way too bloody long.

Also too, my head’s been stuck in a deep murky mire. My usual Amazing Bob melancholia has been up in the stratosphere (or, mebbe, it's in the mesosphere OR it's up in fucking deep space). Fueling the grief monster is the raft of fuzzy pics I just now found of him and I from some party, attended in the winter before his exit stage left. And then, of course, there’s the daily horrors of the current Republican regime and their tangerine hued, vainglorious, dimbulbed and bullying leader.

I SO need this big escape .

Still, this holiday away’s sneaking up on me. There’s much to do before I fly – work projects, computer fixing, housecleaning (hate to come home to a messy crib), truckloads of cat fud and treats to stock up on so’s the fuzzy bairn don’t go hungry and general life-upkeep crapoli.

I’m feeling all overwhelmed and shit.

'That's your solution? Have a cookie?' Astrid asked. 'No, my solution is to run down to the beach and hide out until this is all over,' Sam said. 'But a cookie never hurts.'
~ Michael Grant, Gone

I’m with Sam on this.

He was swimming in a sea of other people’s expectations. Men had drowned in seas like that.
~ Robert Jordan, New Spring

Yes, there’s that too.

The benefit of carrying the entire world on your shoulders was that you didn’t have to stare it in the face.
~ Rhian J. Martin, A Different Familiar

Heh, TRUTH!

The law of centrifugal force seems to be as true for the human condition as it is for the Newtonian mechanics. The faster our lives spin, the more things tend to fly apart.
~ Richard Paul Evans, Lost December

Yup. I'm off now to attend to that encyclopedian To Do list and, possibly, have a cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment