Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

ARRGH!

I just downloaded a new operating system and now Photoshop won't open ANY of my JPG files. I am lightyears beyond frustrated. I can open JPGs in Illustrator and then save them out as GIFs or PNGs but:

A) That's time-consuming and mega annoying. I have a lot of images. I use some of them for work. Some, I frame and sell.
and
B) opening in Preview or Illustrator, saving as GIF or PNG, brings down the image's resolution by A LOT. The pics can be displayed just dandy on screen but not printed.

Anybody have advice? a fix?

HELP!

3 comments:

  1. Stop. Before you inadvertently damage your originals. You have to upgrade Photoshop. These guys get together every couple of months, drink foo-foo fruity fruit beers and smoke funny little cigarettes while cooking up new ways to aggravate the consumer. Knowing no more than "I just downloaded a new operating system". I'll not speak to the Macs other than to note they are not so as similar as the artsy tartsy set thinks, but if it's a M$ upgrade make all of the updates are applied. There may be a filter that gets upgraded in that process. Then go (either Mac or M$) to the Adobe website for a filter update. Again, if it's a M$ it needs to be fully updated before your go to Adobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get an in person appointment at the Apple Store until FRIDAY (those rat-bastards)! Meanwhile, I *think* I figured out the root cause – I need to update my whole operating system which I can't do until I offload some files. SHEESH – if it's not one bloody thing it's another!

      Delete