Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

BREAK TIME!

Found in my kitchen – NOT on Facebook alone!
Sorta. Kinda. Mostly-ish.

I’m feeling, molto strongly, that I need to take a break from the news before I, ya know, break. BUT, if I don’t read the news and my usual site stops every day, I feel as though I'll miss something. Like, fer instance, Trump bringing about amageddon. I’d be totally unprepared and I hate showing up at the end of the world without a proper gift.

So, what am I to do? I can’t 24/7 bury my head in adorable kitten and puppy pics and vids BUT I’d LOVE to.
“And lo I saw a Dark Rider on a pale horse,
and the rider was Death...”
One of the writers I follow, who usually has a LOT of political stuff on her page, has been posting an abundance of amusing vids and funny language jokes (“A dangling participle walks into a bar. …”). I really appreciate that. I need, we all need a break.

BUT first!

No More Mister Nice Blog recently asked Susan Sarandon didn't have a point did she? This is something I’ve been thinking about lately too. Is their any blue sky to the shit-show Trump/Republican regime?

You remember Sarandon’s MEGA unfortunate, utterly clueless, I-live-in-a-giant-bubble-of-entitlement bullshit, yes? Even with the horrors we confront every god-damned day, she's totally standing behind her cretinisms. I only mention it but sometimes dogged consistency is no more than a pigheaded, narcissistic inability to accept your own humanity, learn and grow.

Back to Steve’s timely good read. I liked what commenter Jesse noted:

If Sarandon had said, A Trump presidency would be a disaster, but there would also be a silver lining,” that would’ve been more acceptable. But of course that’s not what she said.

And Dixon Ticonderoga:
Well, yes, she has a point. It’s the same point you might make about a drunk driver who killed his family in a car crash and then decided to get sober. The cost isn’t worth it. A right wing Supreme Court and the wholesale wrecking of our federal government is way too much to pay for an increase in activism.

YES, what Ticonderoga said! Go read Steve M.’s post in full – it's worth it.

Now then, will the predicted Blue Tsunami actually happen? Can we overcome decades of obscene gerrymandering? Given Trump’s current and continued obvs collusion with Russia (and not doing diddly squat to prevent interference in November’s battle), I’m afraid.

Buffalo Springfield - For What Its Worth

9 comments:

  1. I’d be totally unprepared and I hate showing up at the end of the world without a proper gift.

    How ... Hobbitish 😎

    Re. that blue wave, out here only fools and newcomers predict the weather. Mother Nature, like the dems, is of the habit of screwing these things up. I don't care what color the wave is, as long as it washes them all out to sea. And Sarandon does/did have a point, one I hinted at at Steve's when it became apparent the retards were going to run with Trump: he would be the more effective catalyst for change, good, bad or indifferent.

    It wasn't well received.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m from a strong, surfing hobbit family, don’cha know 😁

      Delete
  2. will the predicted Blue Tsunami actually happen?

    The omens (special elections) so far have been promising. The energy unleashed by the Parkland students will help. But only a fool counts political chickens still unhatched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I ain't worried about the Blue Tsunami. Trump has pissed off and scared more than enough people to flip Congress if they actually come out and vote. My problem is with how lefties seem to think winning a couple of elections, like the 2006 midterms and then the 2008 general, means their work is done. If progressives want to change the country permanently they did to turn out in droves at every election. At least enough to blunt the blowback like we saw in 2010 and 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, YES, exactly!!!

      As Jim from Stonekettle Station always says, if we want better government we gotta be better citizens (paraphrasing more or less). We gotta stay informed and vote!

      Delete
    2. We have to stop doing what we're doing. It isn't working.

      Delete