Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Omnishambling

Medea by Evelyn De Morgan
Word for the day:
Omnishambles
Chiefly British – a situation, especially in politics, in which poor judgment results in disorder or chaos with potentially disastrous consequences.


This once great country resembles, now more than ever, King Kong on a six day meth bender omnishambles.

The news is driving me up the fucking walls.

1) Michelle Wolf did NOT make cheap shots or diss Sanders’ looks in her routine at that big dinner. She did exactly what she, as a comedian at roast was supposed to do – she roasted, amongst others, Sanders’and her astoundingly grievous, utterly disingenuous, shamelessly rotten job performance. Sanders, in a word, is deplorable. So yeah, she's perfect for the Liar in Chief's admin.

Some idiot talking heads are claiming that because Sanders is a wife and a mother, her crimes against America should not be held up to the light of day.

Gosh, by this metric, I suppose they’d accord Elizabeth Bathory or Medea or, hell’s bells, Mommie Dearest the very same courtesy. All ya gotta do is be married and have kids and you’re home-free from all deserved criticism. Do I have that right?

I need to hide under my pillow and blankets today.
2) Voter suppression is once again legal in Texas. Get out and register to vote NOW and if you live in a state that makes it, basically nearly impossible/illegal to vote-while-black, go get yourself a picture ID NOW. Don’t wait!

3) Spanky goes to Michigan for another one of his pep rallies and says not one word about the insanity of Flint's still diseased water. Of course he didn’t but he did promise to get right on fixing the Soo Locks in the Upper Peninsula.
"The Soo Locks have gone to hell, and we're going to get them fixed up," he said.
"We're gonna start that as soon as I get back. The Army Corps of Engineers, we're gonna be calling them...can I call them Sunday? (source)
But not at 7AM...not today anyway
I’m just guessin’ here but I betcha there’s not a whole lot of brown folk up in Sault Ste. Marie.
Sault Ste. Marie – White-75.8% , African American-1.8%
Flint – White-37% , African American-54.8%
Oh looka here, a quick googling shows me that YES, Flint’s got a few more black residents than Sault Ste. Marie. Gee, ya thinks that’s got something to do with Skanky McKKK promising the big bucks to the upper Michiganders? Not that he’ll keep his word – he’s kinda known for that all talk, all take no pay thing.

4) The Environmental Protection Agency which, under Pruitt should be renamed the Oil Industry Protection Racket, just granted a financial hardship waiver to an Oklahoma oil refinery owned by billionaire and Trump big buddy, Carl Icahn. I guess the Republican Party’s big wet kiss just wasn’t enough for him, eh?

And that was just Monday.

Reality continues to ruin my life.
~ Bill Watterson, The Complete Calvin and Hobbes Collection

2 comments:

  1. I'll admit that I once watched "Morning Joe" on at least a semi-regular basis. There was a point I felt Joe Scarborough wasn't a total ass kissing a-hole for the republican party. Throw in a lively, intelligent discussion and I remember thinking the CNN morning show at that time couldn't touch them. As for watching Fox and Friends, I'd rather have a double root canal without any painkiller.

    That being said Morning Joe changed at some point and I believe the cause was Joe and Mika had by that time started their affair. It wasn't long before I couldn't stand the sight of the two and stopped watching it except on rare occasions, usually when the guest was interesting.

    What I have found darkly funny is that while Joe and Mika are now enemies of trump, their show did a lot to promote that bastard before his campaign and during it. Mika also has displayed a huge self-righteous streak when it comes to morals. Which is once again darkly funny since both Joe and Her were married to other people.

    Yeah, I was one of those that piled on the mean tweets to Mika after her she got on her high moralistic horse after the WHCD.

    ReplyDelete