Search This Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2018

ZOOM!

I’m giving Skitter a run for her skitteryish money this morning. I leave at one this afternoon for the airport – for my trip out West to meet Sky (LIVE and IN PERSON!!!) and have a tour his high desert home.

I am, mostly, all packed. I made a thousand DON’T FORGET lists but, gotta remember, it’s not like I’m headed for some radically obscure island in the middle of the Indian Ocean or anything. If I’ve forgotten something, well…boyhowdy, I betcha I can pick it up there, huh? I hear tell Oregon has pharmacies and grocery stores now!

The hardest part about being gone a WHOLE week, is saying bye-bye to my precious kitten. I worry like hell that she’ll get lonely, feel insecure or become dangerously bored. Yes, this is projection. I’m nervous and feeling all insecure so, instead of taking care of my own shit – calming my own agitata – I worry about the cat. That and she’s my security blanket, my emotional rescue fur-ball. Sure, jetBlue would let me take Coco on board BUT it’s just one week NOT a month or months. It’ll be WAY less stressful for her to stay home with Jen and Oni. Less anxiety for us both.

 Separation anxiety – I got it.  What can I do to chill the fuck out?
  • I’ve tons of food in the house for Coco. She’ll have THE best caregivers while I’m gone. She’s totes comfy with Jen and Oni – loves them madly.
  • I have a bazillion pics of her on my phone. I can focus on these when I get nervous PLUS Jen will take and text me more.
  • I know I’m gonna have fun in Oregon. Sky is a very comfortable and supportive human. Yes this is all new but, ya know, that’s exciting!
  • IF I feel overwhelmed at any point I can take a time out – find someplace quiet to nap or read. Sky will understand. He's cool like that.
  • Molto importante! Sky has assured me there are cookies AND cuppycakes in Oregon. So, ya know, I’m really all set.
I'm guessing that blogging will be erratic over the next week. I’m sure I’ll get posts up but it may not be every single day AND I may just post pics from the road. Dunno.

Stop by though – I’m headed for uncharted, undoubtedly interesting as fuck territory. Join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment