Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2018

I see you shiver with antici...pation.

I’ve found that, over the last few days, my deep, dark, gloomy malaise has lifted. I’ve actually been, dare I say it, HAPPY. Part of this is that I’ve gotten past the latest surgery, recovered from my fall and day in the ER. PLUS the upcoming, additional eye cutterage can wait until October and totes looks like nothing to write home about (well, not more than a postcard mebbe).

The other mood sparker? Remember? On Saturday I blathered on about anticipation. What the fuck is it that’s putting me in such a fever of expectancy?

I bought the tickets. I’m finally tripping out to Oregon. Jen’s staying home so this won’t be a wander-the-city-streets or floaty, floaty vaca. Nope, I’m gonna be out experiencing NATURE (or natcha if you're from around these parts)! I may even camp for a night or two. In a tent! On the ground! I know, I know, I’ve long said that I’m NOT a camper but ya see, new friends happen.

Sky lives out in Oregon’s high desert. For an east coast ocean dweller, like moi, that’s just 99 kinds of dream inspiring exotic. He’s offered to take me on a tour of the place. WOW!

There are volcanoes out there. Newberry in the west and Jordan and Diamond Craters in the southeast. They have mountains and buttes. And the John Day Fossil Beds where I can gaze into life’s evolution. SO much damn wild, cool history.

They also have awesome migratory birds though not in early September. Hmmm, calls for a return trip in Spring possibly?

All this and Sky’s gonna take me to a place where echos of the Ghost Dance can still be heard. Yes, yez…I’m deaf. I won’t hear any damn echoes BUT, fer fuck’s sake, this is about vision, feeling. and the caress of imagination and history. Woohoo!

I am 1,000 kinds of psyched. On top of this…emmmm…I’ve got a crush on Sky. I’m experiencing emotions that I never, ever expected to feel again. It’s weird. Missing The Amazing Bob crazy huge, is my everyday normal setting. I want him back. NOW dammit. At the very same time though, I've got feelings for Sky. Interesting.

Guess I'm not dead yet, huh?
Dead Collector: 'Ere, he says he's not dead.
Large Man: Yes he is.
"Dead" Man: I'm not.
Dead Collector: He isn't.
Large Man: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.
"Dead" Man: I'm getting better.
Large Man: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.
Dead Collector: Well, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

No comments:

Post a Comment