Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Time Passes

Self portrait with the crown I SO deserve!
Woke from a weird-ass dream. Kevin was back from the dead. As it turns out, he hadn’t died all those years ago, back in our rabidly youthful early thirties. Nope. He’d recovered but had to go into hiding from the government – ours? there’s? //shrugs// My subconscious failed to fill in pertinent details. Dammit.

I was, naturally, thrilled to itty-bitty bits to see him again. Would we take up where we left off? Would we be inseparable besties like old times? Would we finally do the big shack up?

Emmm, let’s not be too hasty here. A lot of life has rattled way far down the pike since 33. Much has happened and it’s changed my basic molecular structure and shit. I am, simultaneously, the same person I was then and someone radically different. Him too ('cept he didn't become a Dragon Queen like yurs truly. Hey, we all gotta have a dream...ya know?!).

Kevin and I were hiking over wickedly rough, rocky, densely wooded terrain (could the symbolism be any more sparklingly transparent?), discussing how we’d both changed and evolved since we’d last seen one another. We talked about what that meant for us as a thing, a couple.

In this fantastical nocturnal landscape, Kevin and I would be very good friends but no more than that. That made sense for us both. It was OK. Sad but OK.

And now I have Al Stewart in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment