Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Strikes and Long Knives

Yes, pics and text are unrelated
'cept on an existential and/or metaphorical level.
First, Ten just texted me to announce that he’s declared today Ignore Trump Day. I rilly like this idea! Additionally, he’s called for a general strike to show solidarity with our unpaid government services providers.

Next on my bean – it seems the long knives are already out, on both sides of the aisle. There appears to be a race to see who can most effectively brand and bayonet the Dem candidate du jour first.

The Republican/Fascist propaganda site, Fox, was going off earlier this week about how Beto O’Rourke is too young and inexperienced to be Prez. One of their army of bottle blond bimbos even referred to him as “Trumpian.” ??????? That one really confused me but then, this is Fox — it’s not like they often traffic in cogent thought or, for that matter, reality.

The right AND the left seem to be duking it out over who can trash Elizabeth Warren the most. I THOUGHT she was the Progressive dream. What happened? What’s with the fall from Prog grace? Everyone, it seems, has decided that she’s “not likable“ enough. Huh? Gosh, maybe if she’d been an acolyte and cheerleader for Bernie or if she just smiled more? Could the shivs from the Left possibly have anything to do with, dunno, Liz not having Penis American approved tackle? Being insecure, sexist, shortsighted and just generally swinish is NOT, sadly, exclusive to the Republican/Facist Party.

Also too, and I only mention it, but this shit’s how we ended up with a white supremacist, misogynistic, family abusing, child stealing, serial assaulting, mentally cracked beyond help, stratospherically stupid and treasonous fucking Frankenweasel in the WH. Remember?

I haven’t signed up as a Warren for Prez pony. I may – she’s got mondo knowledge, sense and skills – I may not. It's too damn early to call!

I’ve also seen Left authored columns where folks are freakin’ about Biden. Jesus, can we wait a few?  Look at the full field before we go full metal Dems in Disarray?

All three potential candidates have pluses and minuses. For me, their MAJOR plus is that none of ‘em are part of the Republican/Fascist/Hate-the-browns-and-screw-everyone-who-isn’t-rich Machine. None are anywhere close. AND these aren’t the only three who’ll be running. Dig?

Can we turn down the Sturm und Drang just a touch? Can we listen to ALL potential candidates’ positions? Can we NOT freak the fuck out just yet?

They're pretty and make me happy. Do I need more reason than that? No.
I’ve already said that I want the under 60 set to take the lead. They’ve got a lot more skin in the game. They’re gonna have to deal with vile consequences for a lot longer than you, me or any of the odious BernieBros. Having said that, if Nancy SMASH was up for the struggle I’d support and vote for her in a fucking micro-heartbeat. I think she's the one who taught Obama how to play eleventy dimensional chess.

Sadly, my Barbie Dream Team will undoubtedly not materialize  (Duckworth/O’Rourke) and, I’m betting, neither will yours. I WILL however support anyone with a D after their name as opposed to anyone with an R(F). After the person’s sworn in, if they prove too corporatist or aren't paying enough heed to the causes I’m passionate about (equality for all, saving the environment, rock solid affordable healthcare, etc.) I’ll make some goddamn noise. The game’s not over when our side takes the field.

No matter who gets in, we need to stay informed and involved. NOT doing that is what hamstrung Obama in his second term – citizens fell asleep at the wheel and handed the House and Senate to Voldemort’s gang.

Like Jim Wright of Stonekettle Station is always saying, If you want a better nation, be better citizens.
Oni snapped this brill shot over the summer. It inspires hope and shit.

6 comments:

  1. I'm withholding judgment on everyone who is running and who might run for the time being.

    We've got at least 6 more months before I want to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!

      I'm not ready (nor will I ever be) to watch the Left tear itself apart again.

      Delete
  2. Wait, are you advocating a moderate approach where we actually think about issues and positions? What planet are you from?

    ReplyDelete