Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2019

There comes a time…

On those all too frequent nights when I’ve *ZAP/PINGED* awake at zero dark thirty, I’ll reach a moment where I recognize that I’ve no bleedin’ hope of reboarding the express train to Nod. At that point I just give the fuck up, pick up my phone and read my email.

Last night (rather, this morning at motherfucking 2AM) I found Shower Cap’s latest write up of the insane week that was. His posts leave me enraged yet calmed. How could I possibly feel at all tranquil after reading the latest horror show heinousosities of the rabid and breathtakingly imbecilic Tangelo Twat and his merry band of on-the-take RepubloFacists?

Well, it’s nowhere near serenity that I'm feeling – more of a weak quietude. I feel less alone in my fury and boyhowdy, on reading that the Sore Loser in Chief plans to declare a national emergency in order to fund his obscene vanity project, I was rockin' some serious rageaphonics.

 I woulda sparked up a joint but, ya know, I was in a mega combustible state of mind. Couldn’t risk ignition and shit.
Like so much of Tangerine Idi Amin’s reign, the wannabe tyranny of this move is eclipsed only by its pettiness. This addled old dolt really picks THIS dumbass fight for his long-threatened full frontal assault on the rule of law? For an idiotically wasteful “solution” to an imaginary problem? For a little red meat to throw to the already thoroughly-hypnotized crowd that wouldn’t abandon him if he came to their house, pissed on the kitchen table, set grandma on fire, and ate the last cupcake?

Obviously, he’ll face pushback from Democrats in Congress and, hopefully, the courts…but there’s always that nagging little fear that Brett Kavanaugh’ll get John Roberts all fucked up on whippits and Jell-O shots and get him to vote to end democracy, isn’t there? (source)
So how much taxpayer bucks – OUR money – is he planning on thieving? Estimates for construction costs alone run up to $70,000,000,000 – 70 BILLION BUCKOS. Just think of how much good that cabbage would do if used to, say, fund education, healthcare, new, clean energy sources, road and bridge repairs, space exploration and more.

The only national emergency at our southern border is the one Preznint Hater created, for which he should spend the rest of his unnatural life in Rikers.

Meanwhile, back at Sleepless in Valhalla – after reading Shower Cap, Coco climbed on my (her) lap, I did a round of deep breathing exercises and picked up my Jim C. Hines novel, Terminal Alliance. A plucky band of spaceship janitors are the only ones unaffected after a bioweapon attack by unknown forces. They’re, of course, tasked with saving the day.

This time next week I’ll be floating in the molto peaceful Silica lagoon in Iceland. ESCAPE! I can’t fucking wait.

2 comments:

  1. I've been out of commission this week, and I'm sort of glad for that, when I see the headlines. Who needs three branches of government when one can just declare a national emergency about something he's already been rejected on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grumble, grumble, grumble.
      I plan on totally ignoring the news while In Iceland next week. It's gonna be all blissful floating in the geothermal lagoon and laying about reading.

      Delete