Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

I'm IN!

Yesterday's BostonSight adventure was mega brill!

We set out 90 minutes early to allow for traffic and getting lost.
     A) There was no road congestion
and
     B) Ten was at the wheel, so we missed out on all the stress fun and panic of going hopelessly astray.

EVERYONE at BS is SO damn kind! It's like they know that the possibility of losing an eye is stressful. Hmmmm, ya think?

I had a very thorough interview and partial exam with a tech (possibly a baby doc?) before the main doc (Doc Brocks) arrived. Amongst other bits, he was gonna pop in a test lens – the prosthetic cornea – to see how I tolerated it. Guess what! After all my squishy fears about having this huge motherfucking contact put into me eye, this was TOTALLY NO big. Seriously. I can already see myself calmly applying and removing it.

Here's something I didn't know – my distance vision prescription will be within this slip of cornea protecting goodness. How awesome is that?! Not only am I NOT losing my eye, I'm getting built in better vision. Whoa – this is fairy tale fabola.

I start my week of assessments and PROSE training on June 18th. I'll come home on the 21st with a happy cornea and, most likely, NO need for further eye surgeries. YEA and YIPPEE!!!

Oh and then the financial guy came in. He was also amazingly warm and compassionate. He helped me understand the last couple pieces he needs in order to have a full pic of my sitch

MORE greatness, I can do all communications by email – no need to have Jen or Ten make phone calls for me. I can do it myself! Geez, I feel like such an adult now and shit.

The only bad part about yesterday's adventure was the commute home during evening rush hour. The 35 minute drive took an hour and a half. NOT fun.

I wonder if the BS folks will let me bring my aide-de-camp with me. That's, of course, Nurse Coco. She'd totally help me stay calm in traffic. Right?

2 comments:

  1. I have been waiting with bated breath for this oh-so-excellent report. Yeeha & woo-hoo! We need to go out and celebrate. Picnic on the beach?

    ReplyDelete