Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Car Sick

No. I did not have hurl fits but still, I don’t ever want to get in the car again. Ten neither.  We don’t have much choice in the matter though seeing as how we need to take Crysta (my 25 year old GRANDniece back to the airport) AND swap cars with Hillel who graciously lent us his hybrid behemoth. After that though, me and cars are gonna have a time out.

Helen’s doing very well. Two days home from hospital and she was already scaring the fuck outta me with her feats of derring-do. NOT FAIR – this old broad needs a vaca from stressmatic worry!

I was once again, as I always am, blown away by the landscape in Southern Vermont, Upstate Eastern New York and the Berkshires. No ocean but it’s jaw droopingly stunning. Yeah, I could SO live here. The place reeks of peace/sanctuary – just like Valhalla!. If it wasn’t a four hour drive away I’d seriously think on investing in a wee cabin in the woods on the side of a mountain.

The leaves were already beginning to put on their autumn magnificence. There were lots of deep maroons and a few fiery reds. It’s still a little too early for the flaming oranges and brill yellows. Couple weeks and they’ll be here.

No I didn’t get any foliage shots – driving don’cha know. Which reminds me — it’s time to hit the road so’s Crysta can make her early flight back to Austin