Search This Blog

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Solace

This (below) was in my head this morning offering a bit of solace during hard times.

Blogging will be light over the next few days. I’m fine. Ten’s fine (and marvelously heroic too!). Jen and Oni are cool too. There’s just a couple familial emergencies that I’m looking in on. HOPEFULLY I’m being helpful versus a sad, angry ornament (that being my forte).

This brill gem's playng on the internal turntable too

Peace Like a River – Paul Simon

Peace like a river ran through the city
Long past the midnight curfew
We sat starry-eyed
We were satisfied

And I remember
Misinformation followed us like a plague
Nobody knew from time to time
If the plans where changed
If the plans were changed

You can beat us with wires
You can beat us with chains
You can run out your rules
But you know you can't outrun the history train
I've seen a glorious day

Four in the morning
I woke up from out of my dreams
Nowhere to go but back to sleep
But I'm reconciled

Oh, oh, oh, I'm gonna be up for a while
Oh, oh, oh
I'm gonna be up for a while

No comments:

Post a Comment