Search This Blog

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Essential?

It’s 16 degrees here in Valhalla this morning and 31 in Iceland – my geothermal, silica infused Valhalla. I should be in that peaceful, restorative, private lagoon NOW

Nothing makes me feel more like a failure, lately, than not being able to get my lens in – that damnable eyeball saving, prosthetic cornea. This is, most often, because I’m shaking so damn much. WHY!

The med term for this is Essential Tremors. WHY is it called “essential” though? I sure as fuck don’t find this absolutely necessary or indispensable!

OH but there's a different, medical definition for this annoying condition: (of a disease) with no known external stimulus or cause; idiopathic
About half of essential tremor cases appear to result from a genetic mutation. This form is referred to as familial tremor. (source)
Yup, I’ve got mutant genes.

The damn “essential” tremors can be aggravated by emotional stress, fatigue, caffeine or temperature extremes. Let’s see now:
  • Getting my lens in is très stressful. It’s a very precise, delicate sort of process and it’s GOT to be done if I wanna save my eye. No pressure though, K?
  • I make sure to attempt insertion when I first wake – ya know, before I’ve had my morning cuppa OR looked at the news.
  • With grand hopes, I do a few rounds of deep breathing. Sometimes that’s effective and sometimes not. 
  • My house isn’t given to temp extremes so I’m OK on that count at least.
This morning I made a dozen unsuccessful attempts. Failure hangs heavily. Mind you, yesterday I got it in on the first try.

Will having that damn, elephant sized tumor removed from my bean alleviate this shit? //shrugs//

No comments:

Post a Comment